As if the Taco Bell Grilled Stuft Nacho's death wasn't enough, the people of Twitter were forced to confront their own mortality yet again when Sbarro announced it was filing for bankruptcy. Naturally there were deep thoughts and feelings to spare, so we combed the site for 10 of the very best elegies to the mall pizza of champions. Hold your stromboli close as we say goodbye to GameStop's old friend.
10. They valiantly tried to save their fallen compadre.
This Brisket Sandwich Weighs Over 20 Pounds
9. They worried how the Dow would take the news.
8. They recalled that other bankruptcy filing.
7. They fought through the tears with a classic Steve Carell bit.
6. They readied their picket signs.
5. They unleashed the puns...
4. ... with great vengeance.
3. Seriously, they couldn't help themselves.
2. They desperately sought alternative fixes.
1. They got incredibly, unbelievably nostalgic.
Kristin Hunt is a food/drink staff writer for Thrillist. She fondly remembers raiding the baseball card machine in her mall's Sbarro with her brother, despite only knowing about three MLB players by name. Follow her to mint rookie cards at @kristin_hunt.