Miller Lite-Brined Chicken with BBQ Sauce
Total Time: 40 minutes, plus time to brine
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 3 cans Miller Lite
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup plus 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 4½ cups ice water
- 4 pounds chicken pieces, bone-in
- ½ cup Miller Lite BBQ Sauce, plus more for serving
Directions:1. Combine the Miller Lite, sugar, and ⅓ cup salt in a saucepan and heat over medium just until everything dissolves, approximately 3 minutes. Remove from heat and combine with the ice water in a large bowl to make a brine. Then add the chicken, making sure that it’s fully submerged. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
2. Prepare your grill with a medium flame and let it get warm for at least 5 minutes. Pat the chicken dry and brush it all over with the olive oil, then sprinkle with the remaining 1½ teaspoons salt. Grill, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes, then flip and repeat on the second side.
3. Use a brush or spoon to baste the Miller Lite BBQ Sauce thinly and evenly over the chicken. Cover the grill and cook another 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let rest for a few minutes, then serve with the remaining Miller Lite BBQ Sauce
Miller Lite BBQ Sauce
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: About 2½ cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeño, stem removed, with membranes and seeds for additional heat
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup Miller Lite
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
Directions:1. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the jalapeños and cook until they start to soften approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds or so, until it becomes fragrant.
2. Add the ketchup, Miller Lite, orange juice, brown sugar, salt, and spices. Bring to a boil, then simmer, stirring occasionally, until it’s thick, 30 minutes or so. Remove from the heat and blitz in a food processor until smooth.