As you may have heard, Kraft is ditching the artificial dyes in its mac & cheese in an effort to go healthy. And while we guess that's admirable, it also means Kraft dinners will no longer be that glorious, glowing orange hue. People are having a hard time accepting this new reality, so they naturally went on Twitter to process their complicated emotions. We gathered up a sampling of the greatest 140-character responses to get you through this confusing time. Hopefully the frantic hashtags will help you heal:
8. They declared their childhoods moot
7. They slammed their heads onto their emoji keyboard
— Carla V Sifontes (@carlavictoriasc) April 21, 2015
6. They voiced long-festering concerns about the cook time
Kraft Macaroni & Cheese is changing the formula, they need to change the cooking time to either 7 or 8 min 7 min 30 sec too much PRESSURE!
— Desiree Cart Dugas (@desireecdugas) April 21, 2015
5. They made the inevitable New Coke comparison
— Michael J. Davis (@Mikeydct) April 21, 2015
4. And the defenders made a much more extreme analogy
we will look back in 30 years at the original Kraft Mac & Cheese recipe the way we look back at our parents playing with liquid mercury.
— Mac Wilson (@cinatyte) April 21, 2015
3. They made innocent bystanders cry
— Elisabeth Allie (@Elisabethf) April 21, 2015
2. They spoke up for their hangry souls
SOME THINGS AREN'T MEANT TO FEED YOUR IDEALS, THEY'RE MEANT TO FEED YOUR SOUL. DAMN IT. #Kraft
— Cara Lee (@caralytic) April 21, 2015
1. They demanded the right to die with dignity
— Ben Cannon (@BnCnnn) April 21, 2015
Kristin Hunt is a Food/Drink staff writer for Thrillist, and doesn't know that she'll ever look at Kraft the same way. Follow her to radioactive orange memories at @kristin_hunt.