1. Franky and Johnny's321 Arabella St, New Orleans
2. Willie Mae's Scotch House2401 Saint Ann St, New Orleans
3. Dooky Chase's Restaurant2301 Orleans Ave, New Orleans
4. Jacques-Imo's Cafe8324 Oak St, New Orleans
5. Lil Dizzy's Cafe1500 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans
6. McHardy's Chicken & Fixin'1458 N Broad St, New Orleans
This Uptown resto is typically touted for their fresh seafood, but their best-kept secret is their deep-fried, juicy chicken.
Located just off the beaten path in NOLA's Fifth Ward section, Willie Mae's has passed down the secret family recipe for their world-famous fried chicken through three generations. Another local favorite on the menu: red beans and rice.
You might want to make fun of this place's name, that is, until you try out Chef Leah Chase's famous crispy and golden fried chicken.
Jacques-Imo's Cafe is home to authentic "Nawlins" cookin', with a menu loaded with original favorites like shrimp and alligator sausage cheesecake, blackened redfish, and their famous "Godzilla meets fried green tomatoes".
This is a perfect spot for a variety of NOLA cuisine. They do a killer fried chicken, but you'd be advised to also try their bread pudding, gumbo, and catfish.