We just threw a huge New York Wine and Food Festival bash hosted by impossibly masculine celebrity chef Robert Irvine called Barbecue & the Blues. 16 NYC restaurants gave us their takes on BBQ, including Jeepney Filipino Gastropub, who slayed the crowd with their BBQ Beef Adobo. Because we know you totally dominate your kitchen/kitchenette, we snagged the recipe for you.
10 lbs flank steak or brisket
1 pt garlic cloves
1/2 cup peppercorns
1 qt soy sauce
2 qt vinegar
1 qt water
1 packet palm sugar
If using brisket, multiply all ingredients by 2 to cover brisket, and let it sit in marinade for 47hrs before cooking.
1. Combine ingredients and marinade for 24hrs minimum.
2. Remove meat and allow to dry for 2hrs.
3. Heat grill to medium-high for 30mins.
4. Place meat on grill and sear for 4mins on each side.
5. Raise the meat to top rack and lower heat to low.
6. Cook for 30mins or to desired doneness.