We just threw a huge New York Wine and Food Festival bash hosted by impossibly masculine celebrity chef Robert Irvine called Barbecue & the Blues. 16 NYC restaurants gave us their takes on BBQ, including Joe & MissesDoe, who slayed the crowd with their Smokey-Garlic Beef Ribs. Because we know you totally dominate your kitchen/kitchenette, we snagged the recipe for you.
1 cup smoked dried garlic chips
1/2 cup roasted garlic puree
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup whole grain Dijon
1/2 cup cider vinegar
3 tbsp molasses
3 tbsp sambal
1/4 cup hoisin
5 cups water
5-10 beef ribs
1. Take all ingredients except for ribs and add to a medium saucepot.
2. Cook on low temp for 1 to 2hrs.
3. Take beef ribs and place in roasting pan.
4. Rub half a cup of sauce on them, and add 1 cup of water.
5. Place in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 30mins.
6. Cover the pan with foil and reduce temperature to 300 degrees. Cook for 3hrs.
7. Remove from the pan and finish on a grill for 10-15mins on low heat while basting with sauce.