Just when you thought under your college dorm room's couch cushions was the only place you could find ramen, and hot dogs, and burgers, AND breakfast sandwiches, in strolls Gotham West Market: a totally next-level gathering of said foodstuffs and more, all from a lineup of some of the city's best eats purveyors. In the interest of being the best men's interest newsletter that has ever existed, we decided to map out all of the awesomeness in 11th Avenue's new food paradise... plus list the go-to dish at each of the vendors. Check it out:
Celebrate Rosé All Day by Partying at Pinknic
You'll want a plan of attack... laid out in map form... by us.
1. The Cannibal Like their Eastside counterpart, this barstand bookended by meat and beer cases is dedicated to the brew-loving carnivore, serving up bacon boards, pastrami lamb breast-for-two, and Cannibal Dogs 2.0, which're served "Tiger Style" -- topped with spicy tripe chili, scallion, and Chinese mustard.
2. Court Street Grocers There's nothing quite like a well-done reuben, and the folks at BK-based sandwich stand CSG do it up well.
3. Blue Bottle Coffee If you could eat the smell that hovers around this place (also if you enjoy the smell of coffee), you totally would. But since you can't, grab a coffee and take down the ginger molasses cookie that's perfectly textured by sugar crystals.
4. Little Chef From the Saltie team in Williamsburg, this counter has an actively rotating menu, but the Ship's Biscuit (here) is one of the best egg sandwiches in the city right now, featuring fluffy-yet-creamy soft scrambled egg, ricotta, and an herbal focaccia.
5. Ivan Ramen Slurp Shop This's the first outpost of the famed Ivan Ramen in Tokyo to open stateside (in advance of the LES flagship). While you can get a little more adventurous here with roasted garlic or chili eggplant mazemen, the must-get here is the classic Shoyu with rye noodles. Also: make sure to top it with egg and some extra pork Chashu for a supremely hearty, slurpable bowl.
6. Genuine Roadside Whenever there's something called the Super Duper Stack Burger on a menu, you order it... especially when it looks like this.
7. El Colmado This tapas and wine bar was created by the team from Tertulia, and features small plates like the boss-of-all-boss hams jamon iberico de Bellota, and some succulent head-on shrimp with grilled lemon.