You've Been Waiting Your Whole Life to Face San Diego's The Kraken Burger
1. Que Huong4134 University Ave, San Diego
2. Dirty Birds4656 Mission Blvd , San Diego
3. Phileas Foggs11385 Poway Rd, #100, San Diego
4. Royal Mandarin1132 E Plaza Blvd, National City
5. The Canyon Sports Pub & Grill421 Telegraph Canyon Rd, Chula Vista
6. Felix's BBQ With Soul342 Euclid Ave, San Diego
7. Brazen BBQ441 Washington St, Hillcrest
8. Riviera Supper Club7777 University Ave, La Mesa
Que Huong is a San Diego Vietnamese restaurant that's dishing out some of the best fish-sauced chicken wings in the city.
Dirty Birds offers 30 flavors of wings in a spot overlooking the Pacific, as well as several flatscreen TVs to monitor your favorite game.
Phileas Foggs of Scripps Ranch offers traditional British fare like fish and chips, shepherds pie and Irish stew, as well as English meat pies, sausage rolls and scotch eggs. PF is best known, though, for its wings— try the spicy BBQ or garlic salt and pepper. Drinks options are equally solid: PF has well over 200 imported and craft beers and the 20 tap direct draw system has a high emphasis on local craft, specialty and one off production draft beers.
Royal Mandarin is a Chinese restaurant in National City that's known for its incredible chicken wings.
The Canyon Sports Pub & Grill is, well, a sports pub & grill in Chula Vista that's serving up some of the city's best hot wings.
Any place with a hickory wood-burning pit deserves to... cook amazing BBQ soul food in it. If you're feelin' manly, unbutton the top of those jeans and dig into a BBQ combo platter (1/4 rack & 1/4 BBQ chicken) or a sandwich that has slow-smoked chicken.
Brazen BBQ offers unique sandos like the culturally confused Texan/ Cuban “Lone Star” (smoked ham, pulled pork, pickled red onions, Swiss & Creole mustard) served alongside a spiced rum/ habanero/ pineapple/ ginger beer “Blazin' Sunrise” cocktail.