These Baileys Dessert Cocktails Are Perfect for a Cold Winter Night
Some nights you want to get out on the town, cut loose, and shake out the stress of the working week. Other nights… you don’t. Other nights—especially cold winter ones—you want to pull up the drawbridge and spend the night in, with a warm winter cocktail and some loved ones—or solo, in your own fortress of solitude. (Hey, even superheroes need some regular “me” time.)
Maybe you’ll order in, or cook a delicious homemade meal. Maybe you’ll pile on the couch with a blanket and a book, play an epic board game with friends, or binge-watch the show you’ve been meaning to catch up on with your significant other. Whatever course your indulgent night in takes, you need to cap it off in treat-yourself style. Here are three original Baileys after-dinner drinks to help you do just that.
Cozy Up Cocktail
A cocktail served warm with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, Baileys, and rum? Yes, please. Top it with decadent chocolate shavings and, hey, if you gave up dessert for a New Year’s resolution, this still qualifies as a drink.
*If using glass cups, use double-wall glasses or mugs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1.5 oz rum
- 1.5 oz Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Chocolate sauce, for garnish (about 1½ tbsp)
- Chocolate shavings, for garnish (about 1 tbsp)
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together yolk, sugar,
nutmeg and milk until well combined. Bring to a boil, stirring often,
about 3-4 minutes. Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly, about 2-3
2. Add rum and Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur.
3. Divide the warm cocktail between two glasses, and garnish each glass with whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate sauce, and chocolate shavings. Enjoy while warm.
Coconut Snowball Cocktail
If you’re a coconut lover, this snowball cocktail is like paradise in a glass, a luscious treat to follow a delicious meal. The Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur adds a velvet richness, while the shredded, toasted coconut on the rim adds texture and the caramel tops it all off in decadent style.
• 3 oz coconut ice cream of your choice
• 1/2 cup shredded coconut, lightly toasted (set aside ¼ cup to rim the glass)
• 3 oz coconut milk
• 3 oz Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur
• Caramel sauce for garnish, and to rim adhesive (about 1 ½ tbsp)
Make the snowballs:
Place the toasted coconut in a small bowl. Use a medium ice cream scoop to scoop out 2 balls of coconut ice cream. Add them to the shredded coconut bowl and toss around to coat. Put the bowl in the freezer to stabilize the ice cream balls, about 5 minutes.
1. Rim two dessert glasses with caramel and toasted, shredded coconut.
2. Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice cubes. Pour in Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur and coconut milk, and shake until chilled. Strain the mixture into the two glasses.
3. Take the ice cream out of the freezer and shake off extra coconut. Place one scoop in the middle of each glass, top with caramel sauce. Serve with a spoon.
Creamy Cocoa Cocktail
A healthy helping of aromatic bitters deepens the flavor profile of this warming chocolate cocktail, while mini-marshmallow and raspberry garnishes deepen its fun profile. Another plus: the Creamy Cocoa Cocktail is super-easy to make.
• 3 oz whole milk
• 1 1⁄2 teaspoon hot cocoa mix, plus more for garnish
• 2 oz Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur
• 6 dashes aromatic bitters
• 8 mini-marshmallows and 4 raspberries—skewered—for garnish
• 1 canister whipped cream
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk with hot-cocoa mix and lightly stir.
2. Heat the bowl in the microwave in 15-second intervals until warm (about 2-3 times, depending on the microwave).
3. Add Baileys Original Irish Cream Liqueur and aromatic bitters. Stir to combine.
Evenly divide the liquid between 2 mugs. Top with whipped cream, garnish with raspberry skewer and mini marshmallows. Sprinkle with hot cocoa mix.
Please drink responsibly.
BAILEYS Irish Cream Liqueur. 17% Alc/Vol. Imported by Paddington, Ltd., Norwalk, CT.