The Weekend Playbook: All-you-can-eat hot dogs, and a beach party in... Decatur?
Event of the Week Hit the Where's Waldo Bar Crawl in Buckhead wearing your best candy cane sweater so you, and thousands of similarly attired swillers, can attempt to break the world record for most people dressed as the iconic, and normally pretty hard-to-find, children's character. He shouldn't be hard to find, get tickets right here
Friday, June 14th Celebrate the mercury rising in Decatur of all places, where they've brought in 60 tons of sand, games, and live music for their annual beach party. Don't forget your sunscreen or your tickets, right here
Cypress Street Pint & Plate's the place to watch guys/gals gorge themselves at the Atlanta Qualifier for Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog-Eating Contest. The 10min, all-you-can-eater gets the winner into the July 4th championship, and it gets you a special menu of Nathan's dogs including their bacon-wrapped number w/ teriyaki & pineapple salsa. Get all the details on the gluttony fest, right here
Sunday, June 16th VaHi watering hole Diesel celebrates five long hangover-inducing years with an all-day extravaganza featuring ice-cold brews, delicious eats, and a dunk tank. Somebody's getting wet. Did we mention they're also doing a special cask of Monday Night's FuMan Brew? Check out all the details for their birthday rager right here.
Openings Organic Mexican fare makes its way to Buckhead with a second Red Pepper Taqueria location. Get more braised beef brisket sopes and small-batch anejos through here
Ongoing Happenings Sexy Buckhead bistro Tantra has turned Wednesday into Ostrich Burger Night and topped the flightless fowl w/ Gouda & pickled veggies, and a side of jalapeño tater tots. Get all the deets on the healthier cut of meat right here
And here's where to drink and eat with dear ol' dad for Father's Day, June 16th
- Dad's eat for FREE 10a-2p at Cypress Street Pint & Plate.
- One complimentary Old Fashioned for Dad at P'cheen after 530p.
- Just say "BFD" at The Counter in Roswell, and dad gets a burger on the house.
- A lavish all-you-can-eat spread of burgers, lobster, and ribs with unlimited beer at the Four Seasons' Father's Day BBQ.
- Oskar Blues Tap Takeover at Cook Hall, featuring two specialty kegs unavailable anywhere else in GA.
- Not going to see dad? Check out our boozy rundown of these bottles we're sure he'll love.
- Or just buy his love with these 20 tech gifts to turn dad into RoboPop