The Weekend Playbook: Celebrate America with a whole hog, and five-cent beers
Event of the Week West Midtown barbecue haven Bone Lick is celebrating America with a day of watching some of the ATL's sweetest fireworks displays, and whole hog gluttony at their First Annual Red, White + 'Cue. O say can you see, all the deets on PBR games/giveaways, live music, and their Twinkie Eating Competition at their website? Yes
Wednesday, July 3rd Swill patriotically one day early at Red, White & Brews Buckhead Pub Crawl. The five-stop Buckhead crawl/limp kicks off at Buckhead Saloon with food and drink specials at participating bars, as well as a comp red- or blue-themed shot to get you going. Show your inalienable right to drink one day early for America and get your tickets, here.
Thursday, July 4th Glorious Buckhead gastropub Cook Hall will celebrate our nation's independence with a full day of 4th of July revelry, including prime views of the Lenox fireworks display, plenty of ice cold brews from SweetWater, 'tails from Four Roses and Tito's Vodka, plus live tunes from Yacht Rock Revue, Copious Jones, and Moontower. Get your tickets to the star-spangled bash right here
Hit the Fourth Annual Red, White & Whiskey Blue Celebration on top of the W Atlanta for freedom-appropriate "Fireworks Fizz” cocktails, and nosh from various ATL street food vendors. Get your tickets to this rooftop freedom rally, right here
Trade in your runners bib for a 5 cent pint of Guinness and 20% off your meal at Midtown Irish pub Ri Ra's Peachtree Road Race After Party... Get all the details!
Inman Park's Victory Sandwich Bar is going out with a 4th of July bang. They're closing so get ready for a day of booze, hotdogs, and irresponsible use of fireworks before they move a few blocks away. Get all the details, and try not to lose a thumb here
Buckhead's Southern Art is bringing the party to the patio via Memphis-style 'cue, and special Bourbon Bar Snow Cone cocktails to wash down all that glorious meat. Get all the details on the Peachtree patio party, right here
The Georgia Aquarium's Red White & Brew has suds from Red Brick, Jailhouse, and Newcastle, plus barbecue in the aquarium ballroom, and a prime view of the Centennial Olympic park fireworks show from the roof of their parking deck. Get tickets!
Friday, July 5th Celebrate capitalism at Westside Provisions District Sidewalk Sale. Several WSPD merchants like Billy Reid and Jack Spade will be the taking to the street for a a post-Independence Day sidewalk sale with ice cold lemonade and Arnold Palmers to go around. Get details on their stylish deals, here
Everywhere Around Town To See Some Bitchin' Fireworks
- Centennial Olympic Park's 4th of July Celebration -- a night of fun and entertainment at downtown ATL's best fireworks display
- 53rd Annual 4th of July Celebration at Lenox Square -- party with 200K of your closest friends at the Southeast’s largest fireworks celebration
- Turner Field 4th of July Extravaganza -- after watching the Braves trounce the Marlins, stick around for the show
- Fantastic 4th Celebration at Stone Mountain -- an unforgettable patriotic fireworks celebration with the lasershow spectacular
- Mall of Georgia's 11th Annual Fabulous 4th of July Celebration -- a fun and festive fireworks spectacular in Buford
- Alpharetta July 4th Fireworks and Festivities -- a fireworks display with nosh from Atlanta food trucks
- July 4th Fireworks on Lake Lanier -- take in the largest firework display in North Georgia
- Ongoing Summer Fun The weekly Silent Sunday pool parties at the W Atlanta Midtown feature cabana lounging, signature Grey Goose Summer cocktails, and rotating ice cream offerings from the likes of local beer-cream Frozen Pints and old-school bars from a company clearly named after the mood you'll be in after a few hours by the pool: Good Humor. Get all the details on upcoming Silent Sunday happenings!
What'd we miss? Probably nothing, but if we by chance did, hit the comments below and let the world know.