15. Running after the bus and finding out it’s not in service
What, me? I’m just out here for a jog.
16. The post-Halloween/St. Patrick’s/TBOX/most Saturday nights walk of shame
Seeing people on their way to church can’t be a good omen.
17. When the doors on the El shut just as you are about to get on
And everyone inside is staring at you. Bye bye!
18. Most any human contact on the El
Whether it be hand-on-hand, knee-on-knee, or butt-to-butt, it’s never a good thing.
19. Day drinking for hours then meeting up with people who WEREN’T day drinking for hours
Everyone seems way less fun now. And why are they staring?
Sign up here for our daily Chicago email and be the first to get all the food/drink/fun in town.
Jay Gentile is a Thrillist contributor and proud day drinker regardless of awkwardness. Follow him @innerviewmag.