Annie Lennox once noted that everybody's looking for something, which must be true, because Israeli film and record producer Uri Fruchtmann actually married Annie Lennox. Making you look for things other than one half of The Eurythmics: CityStreak.
Just launched by a couple of college buddies with an affinity for The Amazing Race, CS puts together hyper-local scavenger hunts in which teams of 2-4 assemble wherever they like within a designated 'hood to await email delivery of a "Streak Sheet", which contains for-serious tasks such as:
- Take a photo with a baseball card, like your '87 Topps Manny Trillo
- Take a photo with a pile of dog crap ('87 Topps Manny Trillo not accepted)
- Visit a historical landmark and uncover a hidden message
- Sing a '90s boy band song to a total stranger on the street, who stands a decent chance of having been in a '90s boy band
- Ask everyone on the street "Are you going streaking?" until you receive the correct response from an undercover CSer, which doesn't involve anyone taking off their pants, so you should probably get away from Manny Trillo
After completing the sheet, each team'll head to an X-marked rendezvous, where a cash prize of $300-$500 will go to the winners, and everyone else can celebrate with discounted food and drink, though hopefully you'll chill on the second before you and Annie Lennox seems like a Sweet Dream.