In many ways, Chicago is one of the most beautiful cities on earth. In other ways, it’s really not. It all depends on the way you look at it. And, since we’ve already looked at it the first way (see: why Chicago is better than every other city ever), today we're looking at it the second way. Here are the 37 grossest things about Chicago.
1. The oil accumulating on your face after five minutes of being outside in August
It’s like you’re 16 all over again.
2. Mystery subway seat stains
Could be donut glaze. Could be NOT AT ALL donut glaze.
3. The bathrooms at any bar on Clark St
Aim is not great here.
4. Frozen condoms on the sidewalk
Not that we’re not intrigued as to how it got there.
5. Caked-on sidewalk vomit
Made equally gross by repeated foot traffic.
6. Those centipede bugs in your basement
You can kill them, but they’ll be back.