There are buried underground railroad tunnels Downtown
Built in 1924, the underground railroad tunnels beneath the former Santa Fe Freight Terminal were used to carry merchandise to the Fashion District. The tunnels were also undoubtedly used to transport bootlegged booze during prohibition -- booze that was surely used by the University Club, previously located in the penthouse suite of Santa Fe building No. 4. The club was known as a playground for the debaucheries of the Dallas elite. Today, it is boringly known as SoCo Lofts.