1. Fort Worth's a big city that feels like a small town
This is even more true if you hook up with anyone who lives in the Fairmount.
2. It’s also where you move to when you get sick of Austin or Dallas
Or when you drop out of UNT.
3. Austinites wistfully say Fort Worth "is like Austin ten years ago"
Then we go to SXSW and see what they mean.
4. It is a city with ample nicknames
Call it Cowtown, Funkytown, Panther City, Queen City, Fort Wizard... just don’t call it Dallas.
5. Horses aren’t actually a major form of transportation here
That said, still watch where you step in the Stockyards.