After killing it with her own Comedy Central special and a dominating performance on Charlie Sheen's roast, Amy Schumer's career is taking off faster than one of that disgraced actor's ex-wives (zing! Wait -- this is actually easy). To warm up for her run at Comedy Works next weekend, the up-and-comer traded a few barbs with us.
- What sort of stuff can people expect to hear at your show next week?
- It's mostly sex, and some racism... which is what I'm thinking about naming my [upcoming Comedy Central] special.
- Do you like coming to Denver? Is it a nice town for you to visit?
- I say I like coming everywhere, and I'm usually lying, but Denver's actually a town I love. You know, you get to choose where you record your album, and now I'm doing well enough I can choose where I want to perform. And Denver is at the very top of the list. I don't know why. I just f**king love it there.
- Are there any bars or restaurants you like to go to when you're in town?
- I have some friends who live there and they just take me. I don't remember where the hell I went. I just hang out in the club [Comedy Works]. It's just such a great club. I like hanging out around there, and everybody always has weed.
- Right. Yes, we're good at that. So, you're on Adult Swim's awesome show Delocated. What's your favorite part of working on a TV show?
- My favorite part of working on Delocated is the surrealness of filming a sex scene with a guy wearing a ski mask whose voice is altered.
- Anyone who's seen the video of you shutting down a heckler that went viral knows you've got the skills to deal with drunk people. But let's see if you can handle some more serious stuff: “Hey Amy, I did not find track 5 off of your latest CD release to be very humorous.”
- Well, that's fair. If my target demo ever becomes bloggers from Boulder, then I might need to kill myself.
- Umm... this is an email newsletter, so shows what you know. Ok, here's another: “Why don't you get off stage and make me a sandwich?”
- Well, I guess from the looks of you, you're vegan. And I don't cook for p*ssies.
- You win. A lot of people probably know you from the roasts. Should they come to the show expecting you're going to rip the audience for an hour?
- I don't rip into the audience ever unless I'm being heckled. It's very self-deprecating. And I just talk about sex and things. It gets kind of dirty. And there's no roasting... I'm a total sweetheart until someone f**ks with me. And then hold on to your f**king hats.
After killing it with her own Comedy Central special and a dominating performance on Charlie Sheen's roast, Amy Schumer's career is taking off faster than one of that disgraced actor's ex-wives (zing! Wait -- this is actually easy).