28. Eat a paczki in Hamtramck
A) because Hamtown’s got the paczki game on lock and B) once you go outside Michigan, if you say "paczki," you might as well be speaking Polish or something.
29. Get a massive sandwich at Zingerman’s
Even if you "don’t like sandwiches" or think Zingerman’s is "too expensive," you still have to eat one.
30. Go for Mexican in Southwest Detroit
This is the closest you’re going to get to authentic Mexican without going to actual Mexico.
31. Hang out at the Dream Cruise
Michigan. Motor City. Woodward. Cars are a big deal here, and you should learn to love them.
32. Tour the Ford Rouge Factory
If you’re a Michigander, you should see how cars are made. Simple as that.
33. Attend the North American International Auto Show
Again, cars. Can’t stress this enough.
34. Convince someone to visit Detroit
Whether they’re from another city, another state, or another country, there’s probably someone who could use a little eye-opener.