16. It's okay to use Circus Liquor as a landmark
"Make a left at Circus Liquor" is totally an acceptable way to give someone directions.
17. Your celebrity spottings will totally beat the ones over the hill
Dave Grohl at a family-style Chinese restaurant in Encino? Check. Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall having Coffee Bean together in Sherman Oaks? Doooooouble check.
18. Parking is... not a bitch
Street signs? Clear. Street parking? Easy. Don't believe it? Believe it.
19. At some point, you'll eat at Bamboo and be like, "oh, right, this is what Chinese food should taste like"...
... so long as you're not Chinese. If you're Chinese, you'll totally want to make the drive to Chinatown.
20. If your area code is 747, you're not really from the Valley
818, son. 818.
Sign up here for our daily LA email and be the first to get all the food/drink/fun Los Angeles has to offer.
Jeff Miller grew up in Van Nuys and North Hollywood and his cell phone is still an 818 number, because, duh. Yell at him on Twitter at @thrillistla and on Instagram at @jeffmillerla.