First-date options can be rather limited, especially if you're really more of a drop-back passer, and the chick has like, no quickness to the edge. For an ideal date outing that takes care of drinks, dinner, and
a capable tailback, finally an awesomely distracting activity, hit up Painting With a Twist.
Opening tomorrow, Twist's two-story easel-lined loft space is headed by an artist with Hollywood story-boarding experience who'll step-by-step you and your
ballerest homies date through painting a given work, all while basically forcing you to booze with fervor as you go, saying it's "not a class, it's a party", which was previously known as "college". How it all works:
- They provide all the art supplies, from easels, to brushes and paints, to smocks, which Gossip Girl fans may misread as "S mocks", obviously referring to Serena berating Vanessa, who continues to be an easy target because she's underprivileged and not very good at scheming...uh, what?
- You provide all the booze, beer, wine, Zima, and food you can handle; they do provide a corkscrew and cups, although how you're gonna manage to get hit in the nuts at this thing is anyone's guess.
- Each class will walk you through one of 1500 paintings Bob Ross-style, even though nobody's got swag like that dude.
- Upcoming paintings range from Van Gogh's Starry Night, to a random St. Pete beach house, to all manner of martini glasses.
- All participants get to take their work home that very night; whether that also applies to your date likely depends on the painting/whether or not you took a shot to the nuts.
- Classes consist of 25-30 sauced-up artists, but you can book a private lesson if you have eight or more peeps, which is usually right around Easter, after you've eaten all the Cadbury stuff.
Lovers Are Making the Pilgrimage to Kiss In This Hidden Alleyway