9. Hubbard Park in Shorewood used to be an amusement park
Well, first it was a resort for high society types, but around 1900 it was turned into a public amusement park called Coney Island (very original). The name was eventually changed to Ravenna Park, and it had three roller coasters: L.A. Thompson Scenic Railway (must be the boring one), the Jollier, and the Dazy Dazer. It closed in 1917 and most of the land was sold and turned into residential parcels. Tunnels, built in the 1890s for traffic and a creek, are still in operation in Hubbard Park.