Sooner or later, someone you know will decide that despite our reputation for not-so-fair-weather, and the fact that our biggest tourist attraction is a place packed with all the same stores they have at home, a visit to the Twin Cities isn't really a bad decision. And they'll be right, but they're still going to have questions, so here's a list of 18 things you have to explain to out-of-towers about MSP.
1. No one is from the “Twin Cities”
Or the suburbs. You’re either from St. Paul or from the vastly hipper part of town: Minneapolis.
2. Everyone knows someone who has seen Prince at Paisley Park
But no one has actually gone there themselves.
3. The Mall of America is near the airport for a reason
Only tourists go there, and no, we don't want to take you shopping.
4. The average low temp in March is 24 degrees
And all month, you'll see guys in cargo shorts celebrating how warm it is.
5. We plug our cars in at night during the winter
Not because they’re electric cars or we’re trying to save the environment, but because otherwise, the battery acid will freeze. That's how cold it gets.
6. We put the cheese inside our burgers
The Juicy Lucy was invented here... and if you pick the 5-8’s over Matt’s, you’re going to start a fight.