Montreal sees tourists numbering approximately twice the population of planet Earth coming through it each year -- and most of them are pretty cool. The rest of them tend to fall into these categories:
1. The person who can’t get over the “eh” and “aboot” thing
No one actually says “aboot”, so try not to be a total a-hole about it, eh?
2. The dude who jokes about us living in igloos, having pet beavers named Joe, riding antlered moose to work, etc.
We freaking wish those things were true, and it stings every time someone reminds us they aren’t.
3. The Debbie Downer who tells us our mountain isn’t a mountain
It's just hurtful, man.
4. The obnoxious non-Leafs fan
We’re not saying these people are mostly Bruins fans, but... they’re mostly Bruins fans.
5. The fool who thinks speaking English slower and louder makes them more comprehensible...
Make that: reprehensible. REP-RE-HEN- SI -BLE.
6. The person who doesn’t understand what “bilingual” means
Seriously, everyone speaks English. This isn't some trick. You'll get along just fine without a phrasebook.
7. The dimwit who thinks they’re cute for saying: “merci buckets”
Aww... you think you're being clever, don't you? That's adorable.