So what was Kanye doing there? Was it really just a couple of ultra-egomaniacal buddies shooting the shit about life, as Trump suggested? Did they meet to discuss Kanye's music video for "Famous," which featured a nude Trump? Were they playing patty-cake?!
The possibilities are endless, but here are a few of our favorites, arranged in order of likelihood:
- Trump's courting Kanye for a cabinet position (Yeezmaster General?)
- Kanye's courting Trump for a presidential mixtape
- Trump's looking to sell Yeezy sneakers in the White House gift shop
- Kanye's trying to distract everyone from his recent meltdown drama
- Trump's trying to distract everyone from... well, everything
- Both men saw an easy opportunity for mutual self-promotion
While that last one's probably the closest to the truth, we're still not ruling out Yeezy's potential membership in the federal goon squad. Given the way 2016's gone so far, anything's possible.