Game of Thrones ranks somewhere on the Girl Dislike scale between NASCAR and that National Geographic show where the guy sticks his hand in a catfish’s mouth. But why does she throw so much shade? If you just can’t understand why we’re intent on harshing your medieval buzz, here are some telltale clues.
- We hate gross things. Know what’s gross? Screwing your sibling.
- It’s hard to follow. Brilliantly developed storylines are great, but whipping out a dry erase board and Venn diagrams to figure it all out isn’t our idea of a good time. Unless we’re talking about soap operas. Those are perfectly fine.
- It reminds us of the kids that used to play magic cards in the cafeteria. And people who go to Renaissance festivals. Eating a giant drumstick and drinking out of a goblet is cool, just not every Sunday night for three months straight.
- It’s all naked chicks. In addition to the actual ladies of the night on the show, there seem to be a lot of...unofficial ladies of the night on the show. This is why guys love it, we get it, but we can do without seeing topless wenches in loin cloths.
- Dudes get their hands chopped off. And their nipples. And their balls. Really? How is it that you guys like this again?
- Tell us about the romantic crap. Yes, latch onto that one fraction of a second in that one episode that made her go “awwww.”
- Downplay the incest thing.
- Tell her about Sir Loras. Girls love gay guys.
- Assure her that Peter Dinklage’s character is a Boss (and don’t bring up the thing about his disproportionately big wang.)