There's a 100% chance you've been on an elevator if you live in NYC, so you're probably familiar with the special kind of stress that careening through a shaft in a 5x5ft box with half of NYC can induce. You're also probably familiar with these 20 people, who somehow all end up in your elevator for every single ride. No exceptions.
1. The guy who gets to your empty elevator just as the door is closing, and jams himself in Which on its own, isn't the worst, but then like 30 people always manage to come in after him.
2. The boisterous group of coworkers Who become totally silent when you walk in.
3. The dude who is just coming back from a smoke break He may as well have just cranked down a 120 in the elevator.
This Chinese Festival Is Like 'Frozen' Come to Life
17. The person with a ton of bags Online shopping. Do that.
18. The guy who’s going down from 10 to 6 And you start to follow him off because you thought you were in the lobby, and he makes some flippant joke like “hold your horses”, and you wish that he would get trampled by those horses.
19. The dude who thinks the fact that his bike folds up to a SLIGHTLY smaller profile means that it belongs in this elevator It does not.
20. The hot girl you’ve never seen before And you will never see again.
Adam Lapetina is a food/drink staff writer at Thrillist, and was totally kidding about that whole "freight elevator" thing. Read his musings on Twitter at @adamlapetina.