The 12 worst people at a NYC New Year's Eve party
There's something about New Year's Eve (*cough*cough*alcohol*cough*it's alcohol*cough*) that elicits universally questionable behavior from anybody going out that night. So, to help you identify who to stay away from and who to really stay away from: this field guide of the 12 worst people at a NYC New Year's Eve party.
1. The person whose plan is to French anyone and everyone who let's them
THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST YEAR EVER, WOOOO!!!! I HOPE THAT'S JUST A COLD SORE, WOOO!!!!
2. The couple who bolts right after midnight
Ugh, it's gonna be soooo hard to get a cab later.
3. Your friend who's texting you and asking where your party is and what the address is but "has a couple of parties to stop by first", and will almost definitely show up after midnight, if at all
Ohhh there was traffic on the FDR? How surprising.
4. The guy who compares everything to that time he went to Times Square
He holds it over everyone's head, even though it seems like he actually probably hated it.
5. The person who has way too much Champagne, way too early
At least they can start the New Year the way it should be started.
6. The person who won't start drinking seriously 'til the ball drops so "they can last"
When bars get "all night" licenses, so does he.
7. The dude who thinks all NYE parties should be black tie
Please feel free to skip slumming it next year and continue to the gala at your place.
8. The person who has to call or text or Snapchat every single person in their phone and wish them a happy New Year
His phone autocorrects "you" to "you and yours".
9. The person who claims to never have fun on New Year's
He vows to stay at home and "do something small" next year, but you know he'll be out at the $150-a-head Meatpacking party again next year.
10. The person who is clearly anxious about finding someone to kiss at midnight
Steer clear of the Frenching person. Or don't... it's your life.
11. The guy who thought it would be cool to bring one bottle of Champagne...
… just for himself, but still makes about a billion vodka tonnies with what everyone else brought.
12. The people who just want to go out for a nice sit-down dinner