7. The person who's tall enough to reach the ceiling and steady himself, instead of reaching over people.
8. The person who helps tourists. Sure, they're annoying -- but if they can't figure it out, they're eventually going to ask you, which is way worse.
9. The person who catches you reading their newspaper over their shoulder, and doesn't mind.
10. The person who doesn't give you dirty looks for being pressed up against them, because there is actually nowhere else for you to possibly be at that moment.
11. The couple that just holds hands while on the subway, then adorably sucks each other's faces off while not.
12. The inebriated-but-disciplined dude coming home at 4am who bought an entire pepperoni pizza, but is SOMEHOW resisting the urge to eat it on the train. Bravo.