There are a lot of things to love about Philadelphia, heck it's got the Greek word for "love" right its name (!), but that doesn't mean that it doesn't have a few problems. In fact, when you consider things like SEPTA, and SEPTA, and... um, SEPTA, it's clear Philly got quite a few of 'em. At least 99 of 'em in fact...
1. Liberty Bell tourism 2. Mural art tourism 3. Rocky tourism 4. Really, any and all tourism South of 11th St 5. Exact SEPTA change 6. Gender-specific SEPTA cards (so you can’t bum of your girlfriend’s) 7. The perpetually broken money exchange machines at 69th St 8. Rain = Your train is an hour late 9. New Jersey 10. Duck boat tours 11. Parking Authority 12. Most dangerous US campus: University of Pennsylvania 13. Second most dangerous US campus: Temple University 14. The polar vortex 15. Our swampy summer weather 16. Ranking on the list of American's healthiest cities 17. The fact someone ranked cities by something lame like "health", instead of delicious sandwiches
Model, Influencer & Entrepreneur Lindsey Pelas Reveals Celebrity Pick Up Stories
18. People are scared of West Philly because of the Fresh Prince theme song 19. People singing the Fresh Prince theme song 20. Most West Philly screamo-punk bands 21. High poverty rate 22. The struggling education system 23. The contents of the Schuylkill River 24. Living in the shadow of NYC... 25. ... and DC 26. Snobs from the suburbs 27. The 2005 Super Bowl 28. Driver vs. biker tensions 29. Never ending City Hall construction 30. Literally five street festivals on any given weekend 31. Everyone else on St. Patrick’s Day 32. Buses. Don't believe us? Well... 33. ... the BoltBus station is on the side of the road outside 30th St, rain, shine, or hail... 34. ... the entire Greyhound bus terminal smells like urine... 35. ... and the Chinatown bus is a hit or a miss 36. The most famous Philly cheesesteaks aren't necessarily the best 37. The fact that Wawa is in Florida too 38. Embarrassing national news scandals 39. Alternative weeklies funded almost entirely by sex ads 40. Football games at UPenn waste a shton of toast 41. Being the target of resentment for Pennsyltucky residents 42. Having to be associated with Pennsyltucky at all 43. What pretty people? 44. Staggering rent prices
45. It took until now for someone to create this 46. Transit price inflation 47. No MFL SEPTA stops between 30th ST and 15th St 48. Limited SEPTA service on Sundays 49. Enormous cockroaches that appear on train platforms immediately after 10pm 50. No alcohol at the supermarket 51. Limited liquor stores open after 9pm 52. Getting booted off the regional rail because you don’t carry cash 53. Raise your hand if you’ve witnessed public urination in the light of day 54. It's impossible to see your trolley stop at night 55. Parking at King of Prussia Mall 56. PYT only drops one specialty burger a month! 57. People taking pictures in LOVE Park 58. You can't get Donnoli's everywhere 59. A nationally recognized cat-calling problem 60. Commuting from Bucks County, the Main Line, or South Jersey 61. Main Line cab drivers 62. Congestion on I-76... 63. ... and I-295... and, oh you get the idea 64. You have to go to Reading Terminal Market to eat these foods 65. A pretty unattractive accent 66. Why, Phillies, why? 67. Our namesake movie is really, really depressing
68. So many new restaurants 69. Going anywhere on the 4th of July, ever 70. Soooo many 30 Rock jokes 71. The Citywide Special isn't actually citywide 72. Well-dressed URBN Inc. employees who make you look bad 73. People who sit on the aisle seat on an empty three-seat bench on an otherwise crowded train 74. Any and all Main Line college students who take the regional rail into Center City 75. And any and all Downtown college students, actually 76. The Philadelphia airport 77. Miley Cyrus blames us for her new image 78. There's only one Trader Joe’s in the city 79. Scoring a sweet waterfront view… of New Jersey 80. Being a little too close to Atlantic City 81. And Delaware 82. Flying out of Wilmington 83. The bars close too early 84. Our secretest bars aren't really secret anymore. Oops. 85. Voter ID laws 86. Wherever you are, you know somebody who knows somebody who got robbed, stabbed, and/or shot, like, right there!!!
87. There are way too many delicious ways to get fat 88. Not enough great hangover cures 89. People who are actually naked during the Philly Naked Bike Ride 90.*Sigh* Having to admit that there're actually some good reasons to cross the Ben Franklin Bridge 91. Having to give your cab driver directions to anywhere outside of Center City 92. The bagel situation here 93. Stolen prosthetic legs 94. The Roots are basically from New York now 95. Eagles fans throwing up in public places every Sunday 96. What do you mean, you’re not Irish or Italian? 97. Racial segregation 98. People who actually think New York is better than Philly 99. Trying to explain why we love this place so much to out-of-towners
Sign up here for our daily Philly email and be the first to get all the food/drink/fun in town.