Philly has so much love to give (heck, it's right there in its name -- well, at least in the Greek translation) that not even its 10 friendliest spots for getting friendly can use it all up. So where does the rest of it go? To this list of 24 things that people from Philadelphia love, obviously...
1. Bragging about historical sites we’ve never visited
We have a lot of cool historical stuff that’s fun to brag about/explain to out-of-towners, but let’s be real, there's no way you can find the Betsy Ross House without Google Maps.
2. Having exact change for SEPTA... Even having a $10 bill at a station that doesn’t sell tokens means you’re walking to the next stop. Will Philly please just get a SmarTrip system already?
3. ... or just avoiding SEPTA all together Because sometimes you just don’t want to sit next to a rolled-up diaper on the Market-Frankford line.
4. Cheap beer/liquor. Together. Only in Philly can you convince everyone that a combination of PBR and bottom-shelf liquor is a good special.
5. Jose Garces You'd be crazy not to love his Village Whiskey, no matter where it was, but here in Philly we even pretend to know what the heck is going on at his latest restaurant/dinner theater. Shhh... don't tell anyone, but we just sit at the bar.
6. Pretzels We will NOT be ashamed of our lifelong love affair with soft pretzels, even if (especially if) they’re from Auntie Anne’s.