2. Being dumped by a Steelers fan for not bleeding black and gold is inevitable
In some circles, if you can’t hang at a tailgate every Sunday, you are getting a pink slip. Bratwurst + beer + face paint = pretty intense mating.
3. You’re likely to come across more than a few Eskimo brothers/sisters
With a population of just over 300,000, this city is small enough that some dating crossover is bound to happen. Get ready for the “wait, how do you guys know each other?” conversations to happen real quick.
4. Every dating app has the exact same pool of singles looking for love
Like some weird alternate reality, every single dating site and app has the exact same singles on it. Match, eHarmony, OkCupid, Tinder -- you name it, every technology-bound single in the city is on it. In the ‘Burgh we look for love in ALL of the places.
5. Chivalry is not dead in the ‘Burgh
Pittsburghers are nice folk. Even when not on a date, we hold open doors and offer general kindness to strangers. This behavior extends to courting. Knights in shining armor aka yinzers in jeans and a T-shirt.
6. All single ladies are Pittsburgh Penguins fans and all single men are Pittsburgh Steelers fans
It's classic “look at me watching sports” looks that spring up relentlessly whilst swiping left and right on Tinder. The ladies exclusively in Penguins gear; the men sporting that football pride. Not a sports fan? See above.