4. Yes, we've seen that guy in a Darth Vader mask, on a unicycle, playing the bagpipes
His name is the Unipiper. Please don’t encourage him.
5. We actually use our public transportation...
Every day, 316,700 trips are taken on our buses, trains, and streetcars.
6. ... but the streetcar is slower than walking
So don’t bother, unless it’s raining, of course.
7. By the way, it doesn’t really rain all the time
We only get 37 inches in a year, unlike NYC, which gets 49 inches! (Suck it, NYC).
8. June isn’t really Summer
Our Summer starts around July 5th and ends in late August/early September, so expect the grill to be the only thing that's hot at your Fourth of July BBQ. Sorry.
9. Everyone goes to the strip club
Stumptown’s famous for its full-nude, full-liquor strip clubs (we've got more per person than anywhere else!), but like all things ridiculous here, it’s really not a big deal. The guy/girl ratio at most racks is pretty even. Heck, people even go on dates there. And there’s a strong chance the dancer will stop gyrating to sit down and talk English Lit with you. Just be sure you still tip her at least $1 a song.
10. There are vegan restaurants everywhere
But why stop there? There are also vegan strip clubs, bed & breakfasts, and personal trainers (?!).
11. On the other hand, foie gras is legal here
And we have a Portland Meat Collective.
12. There’s a reason why every conversation starts with “Actually…”
Portland is the birthplace of Wikipedia.