Because beer's proof that
"God loves us" people love leaving barley sitting unsupervised in liquid for long periods of time, SD's holding its first, open-to-the-public, suds-centric conference, which'll catch attendees up on the latest industry buzz while providing the industry's signature buzz. The show's best acts include:
- Kevin Wright of Redlands' Hangar 24 walking guests through Beer Tasting 101 and providing an extremely solid argument against flying with them.
- A homebrew demo from Greg Tavanger...who's apparently really good at homebrewing.
- Stone's Dr. Bill Sysak presenting the merits of beer and food pairing.
- A damn informative class on Beer and Social Media featuring the chick from DrinkWithTheWench, who apparently doesn't seem to mind being called a derogatory term for a non-Euro-American woman from the 19th and early 20th centuries.
- Swag like a souvenir taster glass to slay
Zimas beers, and a Beer-Con tee that you can tell people is actually from a movie in which Rip Torn plays a master con man who always drinks a case of Red Dog before attempting to pull off said master cons.
Once you've tapped out on learning, you'll get unlimited drink tickets for the “Tap Haven” where normal folk'll get a chance to mingle with the bigwigs while sipping on select brews from, among others, Hess Brewing, Black Market, and The Bruery -- further proof that God loves us, and hates spelling.