If you find yourself walking around San Diego wondering where to swim, there's probably something wrong with you, as the Pacific Ocean is RIGHT THERE! However, when you get tired of making your way through tourist-packed beaches, dodging sharks, and washing the sand out of your crack (especially the sand...), you should check out of some of these other places to beat the heat like you're Dirk Nowitzki.
OITNB's Jackie Cruz Takes 6 Shots, Gets Tipsy, Talks About Dream Role
5. Tubing the San Luis Rey River at the La Jolla Indian Campground 22000 Hwy 76; Pauma Valley; 760.742.1297 Tucked away at the base of Palomar Mountain, you’ll find the La Jolla Indian Campground, where you can rent inner tubes and spend the day floating down the San Luis Rey River or pitch a tent and awkwardly hunch down in your tube stay a while.
4. Hiatus Pool and Lounge 7955 La Jolla Shores Dr; La Jolla; 888.535.6206 Tired of the overcrowded pools downtown? Get to the recently revamped pool at Hotel La Jolla for a mellower vibe. Enjoy the sunset and a few cocktails at Hiatus, the poolside lounge. There’s live music in the evening Thurs-Sat and a giant fireplace to dry you off.
3. Black Canyon Falls Black Canyon Rd; Ramona If you’re in the mood for something a little less chlorinated, hike Black Canyon to take a refreshing dip in the pool that nature made at the bottom of a 20ft waterfall.
2. The Pearl 1410 Rosecrans St; 619.226.6100 Cannonball into the mid-century atomic-style saltwater pool at the Pearl Hotel, lounge in one of their groovy butterfly chairs to take in the Dive-In Movie poolside on Wednesdays, and don't forget that brunch is served by the pool every Sunday, 10a-2p, ensuring your cannonballs have even more impact.
1. Harrah’s Rincon Casino 777 Harrah's Rincon Way; Valley Center; 760.751.3100 Harrah’s recent multi-million dollar expansion includes a completely renovated trifecta of pools with a lazy river, nine hot tubs, and a swim-up bar. On July 13th, they’ll launch Adult Swim Saturdays with live DJs, a stage pool, 21 VIP cabanas and thankfully no Aqua Teens.