There are THOUSANDS of bodies buried in Mission Hills Park (aka Pioneer Park)
From 1876 to 1960, Pioneer Park was Calvary Cemetery, a Catholic burial ground where somewhere between 1,600 and 4,000 people were laid to rest. When the city transformed the site into Pioneer Park in the late '60s, it took away its 800 or so gravestones (except for a handful at the park's southeastern edge) and "stored" them in a ravine near Mt. Hope Cemetery. The bodies remained, however, and some of the names of the people interred in the park are listed on a memorial at its center.