San Francisco Summer (Spring) is right around the corner, so in order to rid myself of all the horrible things I eat on the daily, I went on a juice cleanse. I decided to go with the local purveyor The Juice Shop, started by a guy whose life was pretty much saved by a cleanse, figuring they could help me be a little healthier (or at least more bikini-ready).
Then I wrote down all the thoughts (20 in total) that went through my head while I was starving myself for three days. They basically fell into three different categories: hungry, angry, and sleepy. A juice cleanse made me three of seven dwarves.
1. I haven’t even started yet, and I’m already insanely jealous of a girl I see sitting in her car on Fell and Webster wolfing down a scone.
2. Now I have started, and the first juice makes my throat itch. That’s… probably okay, right?
3. Two hours in, I smelled sourdough on my way to the gym. There are no bakeries nearby. Either I’m Daredevil, or I'm having a stroke.
4. Hovering in the kitchen smelling whatever my roommates are cooking is apparently "creepy". Also: I have lots of roommates.
5. This pineapple one is delicious! And the seeds make me feel less weird about “chewing” the juice.
6. Writing about under-the-radar SF burgers in the middle of this... is kinda messed up.