With so many transplants in our fair city, people actually from the city itself can, rightfully so, get a little prickly when someone else claims to be from here. So, we had our very own raised-in-SF-er (that's me!) compile all 39 ways to tell if you really grew up here:
1. The first question you ask someone when they say they’re from The City is “Where’d you go to high school?”
Followed by “What year did you graduate?” and 10 minutes of The Name Game.
2. You manage to work that you’re a native into at least 5-10 conversations a week
Bonus points if you also drop which generation you are.
3. You went to or had a birthday party at Marine World/Africa USA
And remember the water slides.
4. You’ve explored the Tactile Dome
5. Your first beer was a “40”
Consumed in a public park, while freezing your ass off.
6. You went to a single-sex elementary school
Also, you called it “elementary school”.