4. It's at least 10 degrees warmer than SF at all times
And we have no Karl the Fog. In fact, Redwood City was officially designated as the place with the "best climate" in the US.
5. Stanford's bars aren't actually in Stanford
That's because Stanford was a dry city until 1971, due to founder Leland Stanford’s temperance. Local watering holes like Oasis and Dutch Goose are strategically located at the border of the prohibition zone because, well, they're geniuses.
6. A town you've never heard of, Atherton, is now the most expensive zip code in the US
And it only has ONE restaurant: a sushi place set up inside of an old pet shop. Right.
7. Everyone knows East Palo Alto for two things
1) It had the highest murder rate in the country in the '90s, and 2) it's where the IKEA is.