8. Pike Place Market
There are plenty of reasons to brave the crowds at the Market... just don't ask us to stand around watching dudes throw fish.
9. Macklemore (yes, and Ryan Lewis) Unlike the rest of the country, we love this crafter of ironic songs about second-hand stores un-ironically.
10. How good we look on paper We're the smartest city in America, the "most liked" city in the country, one of the 10 best cities to find a job in, the leader in LGBT equality, the second greenest city in America, #2 in literacy, and, most importantly, #1 in indie music sales.
11. The Huskies Sure, a lot of Wazzu alums live here too (it's not like they're gonna live in the Palouse!), but UW and its gorgeous campus dominate Seattle.
12. People from out of town... If only because if gives us a chance to explain things to 'em... like the fact that, no, we don't want to go to the Space Needle.
13. ... as long as they leave In addition to all those things mentioned in #10, we're also the eighth most desirable city to move to, much to the chagrin of people who blame all of Seattle's problems on "Californians" who live here now.