THE DERBY GAME’S DERBY-JACKPOT SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
By entering the THE DERBY GAME’S DERBY-JACKPOT SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”), you (or your parent or legal guardian on your behalf) agree to the following terms and conditions in these Official Rules (the “Rules”)
1. Timing. The Sweepstakes begins at 3:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 27, 2015 and ends at 12:00 PM ET on April 30, 2015 (the "Promotion Period"). Online entries received prior to or after the Promotion Period are disqualified.
2. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous states in the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Thrillist Media Group, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and other sponsors, prize suppliers, or their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies, and household and family members (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse, and life partners) of these entities are not eligible to enter or win. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
3. How to Enter. During the Promotion Period, you can enter the Sweepstakes in the following ways:
- To enter, visit www.facebook.com, or open the Facebook mobile phone application, log in to your Facebook account, and post a comment on the Sweepstakes post located on the Thrillist New York Facebook page, located at https://www.facebook.com/thrillistnyc describing the ingredients of your creative variation of the classic mint julep alcoholic drink. To log in to your Facebook account, you must be a registered user of Facebook. Registration is free and may be obtained by visiting www.facebook.com or downloading the Facebook mobile phone application, and following the instructions to create an account. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED BY, ENDORSED BY, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK.
- To enter, visit www.twitter.com, or open the Twitter mobile phone application, log in to your Twitter account, and post a public tweet describing the ingredients of your creative variation of the classic mint julep alcoholic drink, and include the tag “@ThrillistNYC” to direct the tweet at Thrillist New York, located at https://twitter.com/ThrillistNYC. To log in to your Twitter account, you must be a registered user of Twitter. Registration is free and may be obtained by visiting www.twitter.com or downloading the Twitter mobile phone application, and following the instructions to create an account. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED BY, ENDORSED BY, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER.
A potential Sweepstakes Winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential Sweepstakes Winner is the owner of the winning entry and is otherwise eligible pursuant to these Rules. Limit one (1) entry per person. More than one (1) entry from any person will void all entries from that person, as applicable. Any attempt by a person to enter more than once may result in disqualification at the discretion of the Sponsor upon verification of prize winners.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, garbled, illegible, undelivered, delayed or misdirected Sweepstakes entries, or for any error, human, technical or otherwise, which may occur in the processing of Sweepstakes entries. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods will void all such entries by such methods and are prohibited.
4. Selection of Potential Winner; Prize. Three (3) winners (the “Sweepstakes Winner”) will be determined on or about April 30, 2015, from among all eligible entries received. The Sweepstakes Winner be selected by a group of judges organized by Sponsor. The judges will choose an entry based on the following criteria:
Sponsor's decisions as to all matters related to administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of winners are final. All potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential Sweepstakes Winner from the drawing will be notified on or about April 30, 2015. If a potential Sweepstakes Winner cannot be contacted within twenty-four (24) hours of notification, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place at random from all eligible entries received. To receive the prize, the potential Sweepstakes Winner must contact Sponsor within twenty-four (24) hours. A potential Sweepstakes Winner who does not respond within such twenty-four (24)-hour period forfeits his or her prize and an alternate potential Sweepstakes Winner will be selected. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate potential Sweepstakes Winner. If three (3) alternate potential Sweepstakes Winners are selected without successfully securing an eligible winner, the prize may go unawarded. The Sweepstakes Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, where legally permissible, a Publicity Release within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification (or such other period determined by Sponsor). Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternative potential Sweepstakes Winner.
The Sweepstakes Winner will be awarded the following prize:
One (1) box that includes the best of what you need for a Derby party: one (1) bottle of Makers Mark, one (1) bottle of lavender syrup, one (1) muddler and one (1) cup, one (1) Derby pie, one (1) horseshoe used by a horse at Churchill Downs, one (1) set of postcards, and one (1) invitation for two (2) people to attend a Belmont Stakes party that includes brunch for two (2) people at a restaurant in Manhattan chosen by Sponsor, transportation for two (2) people to and from the Belmont Stakes race track, and two (2) tickets to view the Belmont Stakes in a VIP area set up by Sponsor at the track.
The Prize is subject to the following additional material conditions and restrictions:
NO CASH OR OTHER SUBSTITUTIONS ARE PERMITTED, EXCEPT BY SPONSOR, WHO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUBSTITUTE THE PRIZE WITH ONE OF EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE. ALL PRODUCTS ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.
All federal, state and local taxes related to the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Sweepstakes Winner. All other expenses and costs not expressly listed in the Prize description above are the Sweepstakes Winner’s sole responsibility. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. No transfer of the Prize is permitted.
5. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. General Conditions. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of New York, and participants in the Sweepstakes hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts (state and federal) located in New York, New York for any causes or controversies arising out of the Sweepstakes. Each participant waives any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to these courts. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the United States and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry.
Except where prohibited by law, the Sweepstakes Winner grants to Sponsor and its advertising agencies the right to use and publish their photos, proper names, likeness, voices, opinions, biographical information and state in any media to promote Sponsor and the Sweepstakes without additional compensation.
By entering, participants release and hold harmless Sponsor and their subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents and all social media platforms on which the Sweepstakes has been promoted (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Sweepstakes or receipt, use and/or misuse of any prize.
The Sweepstakes Winner will indemnify the Released Parties against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or any other factor impairs the integrity, administration or fairness of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
If, in the Sponsor's opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to void any entries at issue (including disqualifying any individual who tampers with the entry process), and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, at any time without notice. In the event of such cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes in a random drawing from all eligible entries received before the time of cancellation.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alternation of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Thrillist Media Group, Inc.
568 Broadway, Suite 506
New York, NY 10012
Thrillist Media Group, Inc. is the sole sponsor of the Sweepstakes.
8. Winners List and Copy of Rules. Sweepstakes results and copy of these Rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Thrillist Media Group, Inc., 568 Broadway, Suite 506, New York, NY 10012. Results will be available on or about April 30, 2015. Requests for results must be received by October 30, 2015, 2014.
/END OF OFFICIAL RULES/
©2014 Thrillist Media Group, Inc. Thrillist Media Group is a registered trademark of Thrillist Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved.