Started by a team so into comics they can tell you the plot of each one plastered to the walls like crown molding, Action Burger is both a haven for pop culturists to discuss Manimal, and a place where everybody's invited to eat like one. Brilliantly geeked out with display-cased GI Joe figures and artwork from like-minded locals (Werewolf War, anyone?), the place offers up:
- A build-your-own option based on Villain Food (secret-spiced burgers dusted in "beer powder", cheesesteaks, crispy chicken...), or Hero Food -- the sort of turkey & veggie options that reaffirm your preference for villains.
- "Power Ups" like spicy guac, kimchi, bacon & pineapples, plus "Hero Up" cheeses -- make like Perseus, and slay the Gorgonzola.
- Signature burgers based on characters from an owner's "BIO-Sapien/Bi-Alien" novels & comics, like the Jaden: two turkey patties compressed around a beef patty and topped with three cheeses. Congratulations Jaden on joining the august ranks of fat superheroes!
- A trio of arcade standups, including one loaded with classics like Mega Man and Strider, good ol' Rygar, and Street Fighter Champion Edition, which you'll play like a Boss.
- Extra-curriculars including screenings of horror movies & Saturday morning cartoons, and discounts & specials for people who take a picture with a costumed supervillain around the neighborhood -- though defining Manimal as a hero or villain is inappropriate, as in panther form his instincts are neither good nor evil... but you already knew that.
Best. Burger. Joint. Ever.
1. Action Burger
292 Graham Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11211
Action Burger is a haven for pop culture nerds and a place where everybody's invited to eat like a hero/villain. Brilliantly geeked out with display-cased GI Joe figures and artwork from like-minded locals, the place offers up a build-your-own burger sort of deal with toppings like kimchi, bacon, and spicy guac.