Thanks to the TSA, 2015 did not start out with a bang. Here's our monthly thank-you note to the most annoying government agency.
10. Stun Gun Cell Phone
Everyone was stunned at how old it looked.
9. Eiffel Tower Replica Dagger
Your snobby friend was right—kitsch can be dangerous.
8. Homemade Avalanche Charge
Who wouldn't feel great flying with someone who starts avalanches in his spare time?
7. A Seal Bomb
They're used to scare seals away from fishing areas. This is just sad. It's bad enough that people club these poor creatures.
6. A Bag of Eels Frankly, everyone has had it with those snakes. But what about water snakes?
5. A Road Flare
Oh, just in case the plane breaks down on the side of the sky.
4. A Throwing Star Saw Blade
The TSA is unsure what this is exactly, but we suspect this is a kind of saw invented by an arch-villain that operates with throwing stars.
3. A Brass Knuckle Phone Case
By far the most outrageous way to crack your cellphone screen.
2. A Lipstick Shiv
Definitely confiscated from some sexy-but-clueless Russian spy who has been sleeping with a entry-level employee at Google in an effort to uncover all those secrets.
1. A Sickle A.K.A. a Travel-Sized Scythe Nice to know the grim reaper is not allowed to fly with a travel-sized scythe, but I'm still never flying again.
Ethan Wolff-Mann is an editor of Supercompressor. If he had a basement, he'd never leave it. Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.