Cars, survival, love, and the American Dream. He is the American Dream. Here's some of the best Boss to prime you for the 4th of July. Or Independence Day, if you prefer.
Get Fit and Look Like A Badass
1. “We learned more from a three minute record than we ever learned in school.”
2. “Poor man wanna be rich, rich man wanna be king, and a king ain't satisfied until he rules everything.”
3. “I have spent my life judging the distance between American reality and the American dream.”
4. “The poets down here don’t write nothing at all, they just stand back and let it all be.”
5. “Now mister the day the lottery I win, I ain’t never riding in no used car again.”
6. “With a chance to make it good somehow, hey, what else can we do now? Except roll down the window, and let the wind blow back your hair.”
7. “And I’m just calling one last time, not to change your mind, but just to say I miss you, baby. Good luck, good bye, Bobby Jean.”
8. “You know hearts these days are cheap.”
9. “I don’t understand how you can hold me so tight and love me so damn loose.”
10. “Remember all the movies, Terry, we’d go see? Trying to learn how to walk like heroes we thought we had to be.”
11. Windows are for cheaters; chimneys for the poor; closets are for hangers; winners use the door.”
12. “It’s hard to be a saint in the city.”
13. “Somehow all you ever need’s never really quite enough, you know.”
14. “I met her on the strip three years ago in a Camaro with this dude from L.A. I blew that Camaro off my back and drove that little girl away.”
15. "Roy Orbison is singing for the lonely, hey, that's me and I want you only."
16. "When I die throw my body in the back and drive me to the junk yard in my Cadillac."
Ethan Wolff-Mann is an editor at Supercompressor and loves Bruce Springsteen. Follow him on Twitter.