1. Nikon FM-10 ($349) - While he’s best known for his acting chops, Hopper also built an impressive career as a world-renowned painter and photographer — the latter a hobby he took up at the suggestion of James Dean, who thought he had a good eye. He went on to show his work at some of the biggest galleries in the world.
2. Basquiat ($58) - He didn’t just dedicate himself to his own work, though. In fact, he amassed one of the most impressive, top 100 modern art collections in the world. Following his death in 2010 much of his collection was auctioned off — including this Basquiat.
3. Oxygen Airmask ($3.75+ or N/A) - Hopper’s role as the creepy, gas-huffing Frank Booth in David Lynch’s Blue Velvet signaled a big turnaround for him after a series of critical and commercial failures. It was the redeeming moment or him in the eyes of Hollywood and audiences alike.
4. Cartier Wedding Band ($650) - Like most everything else in his life, his five marriages certainly weren't dull. For one, he was so stoned he didn’t even recall marrying the Mamas and Papas’ Michelle Phillips in 1970 — whom he divorced just a week after the fact.
5. Weed ($Varies, but the Best Bud app is free!) - The harder stuff got him in lots of trouble while he was using (he was even deemed clinically insane while filming in South America, after being arrested for racing naked into the jungle and masturbating on a tree), but he eventually sobered up in the '80s. Except for marijuana, which he continued to smoke on the regular because it "keeps the bowels regular." Ok then!
6. Phillipe Starck Knives ($471/set of 6) - In 1994, he lost a suit brought against him by actor Rip Torn after he allegedly slandered him on The Tonight Show, claiming Torn went after him with a knife at a dinner for cutting his role in Easy Rider. True or not, story's great.
7. Easy Rider Chopper Replica ($20,000) - While he may have looked like a natural on a bike in Easy Rider, he was actually not a fan of motorcycles after an accident in 1960 on Sunset Boulevard that landed him in the hospital for ten days. He later warmed up to them though, and even joined the Guggenheim Motorcycle Club on a promotional cross-country ride with a few other celebrity bikers.