17 Highly Successful People Who Wear The Same Thing Every Day
When you're running one of the biggest companies on Earth or leading the free world, spending even the slightest amount of time or energy on deciding what to wear translates to precious moments wasted.
So in the spirit of efficiency, we rounded up 17 incredibly successful individuals—both living and deceased—who've made a habit of stepping into the same outfit every single damn day. Let's face it, sometimes variety is overrated.
1. Mark ZuckerbergWho: creator of Facebook, nerd
Signature uniform: jeans, t-shirt, hoodie sweatshirt
2. Tom WolfeWho: novelist, reporter, father of two
Signature uniform: white suits, occasionally with a white homburg hat
3. Louis C.K.Who: funnyman, star of Lucky Louie
Signature uniform: black t-shirt or polo, jeans
4. Stanley KubrickWho: film director, avid chess player
Signature uniform: rumpled button down, ripstop fatigue jacket, chinos
5. Steve JobsWho: cofounder & CEO of Apple, vegan
Signature uniform: jeans, black turtleneck, sneakers
6. Albert EinsteinWho: theoretical physicist, sailor
Signature uniform: Scholars will argue that his second wife was responsible for getting him to wear the same suits every day. However, in his twilight years after she passed he was known for donning a particular cotton sweatshirt and sandals.
7. Christopher NolanWho: film director, brother
Signature uniform: button down shirt, herringbone vest, dark blazer
8. Alfred HitchcockWho: master of suspense, film director
Signature uniform: high-waisted black suit, black tie
9. Karl LagerfeldWho: fashion designer, German man
Signature uniform: monochromatic suit, sunglasses, studded leather driving gloves
10. Henry RollinsWho: musician, badass
Signature uniform: black t-shirt, pants
11. Simon CowellWho: TV talent judge, possible vampire
Signature uniform: jeans with a white t-shirt (casual), jeans with a criminally half-unbuttoned white dress shirt (formal)
12. Andy WarholWho: pivotal figure in the pop art movement, friend of Dennis Hopper
Signature uniform: dark Levi's, light button down shirt, tie
13. Dean KamenWho: entrepreneur, Segway enthusiast
Signature uniform: denim button down shirt, Levi's, work boots
14. Fidel CastroWho: Cuban political & revolutionary, college grad
Signature uniform: Green military uniform, patrol cap
15. Michael KorsWho: fashion designer, fragrance creator
Signature uniform: black pants, black t-shirt, black blazer
16. Fran LebowitzWho: author, smokers' rights activist
Signature uniform: tailored dark suits by Anderson & Sheppard
17. Barack ObamaWho: president of the United States, American citizen
Signature uniform: grey or blue suits
Joe McGauley is a senior editor at Supercompressor and has been dressing himself since the early '90s.
Want more of the Culture you actually care about delivered straight to your inbox? Click here to sign up for our daily email.