Three YEARS is way different from eight months
Now to maintain it, I only fast one day per week. I've been doing that since October 2013, and I haven't looked back. After fasting two days per week became second nature to me, fasting once per week is effortless.
Breakfast is relatively easy. I have my go-to foods:
- A medium-sized banana has about 95 calories
- Most single-serve packets of oatmeal have 110 calories
- Eggs have 90 calories each
- A yogurt cup (depending on the brand) has anywhere between 80 and 150 calories
- A Krispy Kreme original glazed donut has 190 calories!
- Coffee and tea have NO calories! (I like a tablespoon of 2% milk in my coffee, but that's only 10 calories.)
On the fly, I can fashion a breakfast under 200 calories with a combination of these foods. For example, a Krispy Kreme original glazed (190) + cup of coffee with milk (10) = an amazing fast-day breakfast.
As for lunch, there is no lunch. It's the simplest choice I have to make all day.
At dinnertime, I can always pull some breakfast options, but it's usually not necessary. Most broth-based soups have fewer than 150 calories per cup. Frozen diet dinners can also offer some good options under 300 calories, if you want to eat pre-made meals.