Since your Furby gets mad pissed whenever you poach its AAAs to power your comically large, not-so-comically expensive universal clicker, VooMote's a just-launched, wildly simple-to-set-up remote system that'll have you commanding everything through your iPhone or iPod Touch with an infrared receiver. Snap the minimalist case onto your iPhone, and you can:
- Get going instantly: Eschewing complex instruction manuals, Voo's set-up wizard'll have you fully up and running in a matter of minutes, then actually up and running when your fusebox explodes.
- Control everything: Seriously. TVs, satellites, stereos, game consoles, DVRs, lights,
your girlfriend's emotions, ceiling fans...
- Again, control everything: While it recognizes an embarrassingly large collection of brands and devices, anything it doesn't know can be programmed by simply pointing your original remote toward Voo's transmitter and holding down the button function you want, a process they call "learning in", also a non-violent resistance method practiced by disenfranchised nerds.
- Bring down the house: Create "device bundles" for each room in your studio apartment, which're assigned a name and matching icon for quick retrieval.
- Be lazier: Create a custom chain of commands for particular gadgets (e.g., turning on the DVD player will also activate surround sound, dim the lights, etc.), and control them all from a personalized interface -- which unlike your Furby's face, will never scowl at you.
These are the Three Biggest Power Plays that Won Bran the 'Game of Thrones'