There's almost nothing in life more frustrating than calling customer service, except perhaps dealing with those other people that insist on holding you for an hour after they've screwed you. Elegantly dealing with that first problem: FastCustomer.
Created by two District developers presumably not persuaded that their "call was important" just because they were told it 18 times, Fast is a recently released (and even more recently made free) iPhone and Android app that simply and effectively flips the script on the customer service rep of your choice by making them call you. Seriously, just:
- Download the app, plug in your phone number, and wait for the test call. You’ll know you’re set up when “You Win!” pops up -- unlike every other "You Win" popup ever, ever, you should click this.
- Scroll through their list of over 2K companies -- if yours isn't there, you should probably switch to a company more practiced at inconveniencing you.
- Select the object of your gripe, hit "Have someone call me", and
you’ll never be lonely again! continue living life without a phone pressed to your ear.
- Wait for an average of around 5min, during which time they'll navigate through the company’s "phone tree".
- Once the system recognizes that an agent's on the other end, it'll auto-dial you back, and you'll be instantly connected to the customer service rep of your desire, meaning you're halfway there to speaking to the manager!
Striving to keep their customers happy, FC's also just released a feature that allows you to suggest new companies to add to their long list, something you promised you wouldn't add that latest girl to. You said this was something special?!