Intermediate: Boozy Advent Calendar
Instead of counting down to Christmas with a measly square of chocolate per day, create an Advent calendar that rewards you with a daily nip of alcohol. All you need are mini bottles, toilet paper rolls, holiday wrapping paper, hot glue and tape to create the Advent calendar.
- 24 different mini bottles of booze
- 24 cardboard toilet paper tubes, or paper towel tubes cut in half
- Christmas wrapping paper (double-sided pattern is best)
- Regular white or colored paper (cardstock weight is ideal)
- Black marker
- Hot glue gun
- Star topper
- Trace the circumference of a toilet paper tube end onto a piece of paper to use for a stencil later. Set the tubes on their sides on the ground (to avoid any unfortunate breakage). Slide a mini bottle of booze into each tube.
- Wrap each tube (ends too) in different Christmas-themed wrapping paper, alternating designs so that it looks varied when assembled. Try to leave one end of the tube as smooth as possible for labelling—take your time.
- Using your stencil, draw 24 circles onto pieces of white or colored papers. If you are using colored paper, make sure it stands out against your choices of wrapping paper. Write the numbers 1 through 24 on the circles and cut the circles out.
- Paste the numbers to the smoothest side of each tube, making sure to mix up the numbers and wrapping paper patterns. Alternatively, adhere numbered stickers to the tubes.
- Hot glue the tubes together in a pyramid formation with the numbered faces all facing the same way.
- Top with a pre-made star. Alternatively, cut a star out of a piece of cardboard, and trace it onto two sheets of colored paper. Cut out the two paper stars and glue them to the sides of the cardboard star, then glue the finished star to the top of your tubular Christmas tree.
- To retrieve the bottles, pop your thumb into one of the tubes and pull out the bottle.