1. Sunglasses: To block out the painful rays of sunlight peeking through the hotel room blinds.
2. Mint Gum: To cover up booze breath.
3. Stain Remover Pen: To do battle with the Vodka Cranberry someone definitely splashed onto themselves while doing the Electric Slide.
4. Ibuprofen: To call off the construction crew working overtime in your guests’ skulls.
5. Water Bottle: Hydration, hydration, hydration.
6. Face Wipes: To make sure those who didn’t wash their makeup off last night don’t show up at brunch looking like Alice Cooper.
7. Hair Ties: Because no one wants to deal with blowdryers the morning after.
8. Granola Bar: Make it a healthy one (not just a rectangular chocolate chip cookie) so guests can pad their stomachs with some nutrients before hitting the hotel buffet.
9. Hair of the Dog: If all else fails, a little hair of the dog will pep your guests right up. Include a mini bottle of vodka, a bottle of V8 and a teeny tiny bottle of Tabasco sauce for an ersatz Bloody Mary.
Decorate the bags with whatever style fits your wedding, whether it be a cutesy, rustic burlap pouch reading something like “In Sickness and in Health” or “Hangovers Only Last a Day, Memories Last Forever,” or a more quirky, playful bag reading “I Regret Nothing” or “Oh S**t Hangover Kit.” Or just keep it super simple, because when the hangover strikes, no one is going to want to deal with glitter.